Equipment Rental Policy
- To reserve any rental from Avalon Event Rentals, you will be required to pay a 50% security deposit (25% MUST BE Credit/Debit, Remainder can be a Check or Cash. A Business Check can be Accepted for the full amount if credit card on file) to make a reservation. This will guarantee the rental will not be rented out to anyone else.
- Please Disclose The Following When Making Your Reservation:
a) Events on Public Grounds: is REQUIRED to be disclosed at the time of reservation. This includes: Churches, Public Parks, Schools, etc. We will need to send a trained staff member to watch the equipment.
b) Events at Venue: We will need a contact person at the venue to discuss their business hours and coordinating delivery/pickup of the rental items.
c) Above Ground Floor Delivery: If rental equipment will need to be transported up Stairs ore Elevators, additional fees will apply. See Fee Chart
- Tax Exempt Organizations: In order to qualify, you will have to provide our office your current signed and dated tax exemption form. We must receive this form at least 2 days before your event. Otherwise the tax exempt status will NOT apply. This form is required by the state of Texas so this is not negotiable.
- Certificate Of Insurance: We do have a Certificate of Insurance we can provide you at any time. However, if you need the following Additional Insured Certificates, we do require 7 working days out from your event in order to process the Additional Insured Certificates.a. COI with Additional Insured For “Specific Company” = $100 Fee
b. Waiver of Segregation = $250 Fee
- Designated Person: If the customer plans to be unavailable following the event, please designate a representative who will perform this task in your absence. Please provide the name and contact information. A signed contract, or lack thereof, DOES NOT relieve you from personal, financial responsibility and obligation of payment for your reservation. It is implied that if a reservation is placed and a credit card number has been provided for securing the reservation with intent to take delivery of the goods, that you fully intend to take delivery of the goods. Only upon cancellation, which all cancellation terms of this agreement apply, may you relieve yourself of the financial obligation and responsibility to pay in full; unless your cancellation does not meet the requirements set forth in this agreement by which 100% of the payment shall apply. Such fees include but are not limited to: rental equipment fees, labor fees, and any other fee associated with the special circumstances of your reservation. This is NON-NEGOTIABLE and it is YOUR responsibility to know with whom and the date and the circumstances regarding your event.
All of the following will be subject to a $20 Cleaning Fee if the following is not completed before pickup time established:
- Frozen Drink Machines must have remaining mix removed. Pour water into each bowl to flush out all mixes.
- Popcorn Machines & Snow Cone Machines: Make sure any leftover popcorn or ice is removed. We will sanitize them when they are returned.
- Minimum order for delivery is $200 within 25 miles. ($300 min for 25+ miles)
- Delivery is to door only. Setup/Breakdown are an additional charge.
- The person reserving the rental will need to sign the rental agreement at delivery.
- Some of our equipment requires training, please have someone designated to take a quick lesson at delivery. You may need to make preparations in planning ahead of time so you will be ready for your event.
|Additional Delivery Fees – * Can be charged after event if driver determines the fee should be charged|
|Late Night Deliveries/Pickups|| 5:00-8:00 pm $50+|
8:00-11:00 pm $75+
11:00 pm – 2:00 am $100+.
|Specific Time within 30 min||$50|
|Moving Equipment Over 50 Feet||$75|
|Stairs – Two Flights||$75|
|Stairs – Each Additional Flight||$25|
IV. CANCELLATIONS & REDUCTIONS POLICY
Once you reserve rentals and place a deposit, all other requests for your items on your dates are turned away to keep our agreement with you. So in any event you must cancel, we must have it in writing by email or fax. All cancellations or requests for reductions must be in writing by fax or email to email@example.com or your deposit is non-refundable rain or shine leading up to the event. NOTE THAT THERE IS A FEE FOR ALL CANCELLATIONS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SAME DAY CANCELLATIONS. THE FEES ARE DEFINED BELOW IN THE TABLE LABELED “FEE SCHEDULE”. All other terms are listed here:
- Cancellation or Order Reduction fees as defined below in the “Fee Schedule” will be withheld from your initial deposit.
- Any refunds owed to you due to a cancellation will be forwarded via regular mail within 30 days from the date of the cancellation in the form of a check to the address on the order unless you provide us with an alternate address.
- You will be offered a “Voucher” for any cancellations made less than 31 days before the date of the event to help you use your deposit that would otherwise be lost. This will allow you to re-book your event at a later date without penalty. The “Voucher” is an adjusted Invoice for your order showing the amount of credit you have with our office. The total amount you have paid will be converted into a credit that can be used for a future event. The “Voucher” will not expire, however, they are only issued once. That means any “Voucher” that is redeemed for a future event where that future event is cancelled cannot be moved to a future date but will subject to the terms of the “Fee Schedule”. Likewise, should you decline the “Voucher” offer then the “Fee Schedule” below will apply.
- Cancellations made the same day of the booking will not incur a fee.
- Cancellations or Reductions made on the date of the event and/or at the time of delivery is an automatic forfeiture of all monies paid towards those items. No refund or “Voucher” will be issued under any circumstance.
|91+ days from Delivery = 3% of order total.||25% or More (91+ days from Delivery) = No fee for reducing.|
|31 to 90 days from Delivery = 10% of order total.||25% or More (31+ days from Delivery) = 10% of amount being cancelled.|
|11 to 30 days from Delivery = 25% of order total or voucher issued for total amount paid to be used at a later date.||25% or More (11 to 30 days from Delivery) = 25% of amount being cancelled.|
|10 or less day from Delivery = 50% of order total (usually described as the full deposit amount) or voucher issued for total amount paid to be used at a later date.||25% or More (10 or less day from Delivery) = 50% of amount being cancelled.|
***30 days or less that a customer reduces their order by 50% or more, the customer will be charged 50% of the ORDER TOTAL as a cancellation fee. Cancellation Fees are based on the order total of non-subrented items. Any subrented items are not considered in the % of the order total.
V. LATE FEES
Late charges will be charged to the credit card on file for every day late after end date on order. It will be 35% of the total order, per day.
2nd Attempt Delivery or Pickup
If no one is home when we arrive and we have to come back to collect our items, you will be recharged a delivery fee to go back. If you will be gone and there is access to our rental items please discuss other options when booking.
VI. DAMAGES/CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITY
Customer will assume all responsibility for the equipment from the time the equipment is delivered and set up to the time it is picked up. Please make sure the equipment is secured when not in use and protected from wind and water hazards such as inclement weather, outdoor sprinklers, pools, pets or wet or damp surfaces. You will be charged up to full replacement cost for any damaged or missing items. We cannot take back any opened concession products or if the seal has been broken. Tent Damages are also included in this clause, any tent that is damaged in the care of the customer is responsible for the repairs or replacements, this includes any damages caused by the weather, wind, rain, burn marks due to fire, etc. If we are forced to take legal action to recover our equipment, you agree to pay for any and all legal fees. Additionally, we retain the right to charge for loss of use for the time the equipment is not in our possession.
VII. LINEN RENTALS
We require 50% of the reservation total as a non-refundable deposit at the time of your reservation. The remainder balance is due upon delivery.
|Damaged||3 x the amount of the Rental Item|
|Lost||4 x the amount of the Rental Item|
|Late Fees||35% of Total Order each Day|
|Takedown Service||$55 per/hr|
|Rush Orders||20% of Total Rental Order within 1 wk of event|
|Deposits (10+ days in advance)||50% of Total Order|
|Deposits (less than 10 days for Custom Orders)||100% of Order|
|Custom Order||100% non-refundable|
|Cancellations or Reductions:|
|25% or More (31+ days from Delivery)||10% of Order Total|
|25% or More (11-30 days from Delivery)||25% of Order Total|
|25% or More (10 or less days from Delivery)||50% of Order Total|
Custom Deposit Policy
When your order is received as a Custom Order, a non-refundable deposit is due before Avalon Event Rentals will process the order. Your order may not be changed after processing begins. Any additions will be considered a new order. Custom Orders may not be reduced or cancelled at anytime without the loss of the full rental rate.
Any new order or new items added to an existing order placed within 1 week of scheduled delivery or pickup date will be subject to a rush charge of 20% of the added item rental order. Orders or changes needed after business hours will be subject to a rush charge of $100.
Personal or Business Checks
- Personal Check – 25% of order total is required by credit card. The remaining balance can be paid with a personal check and is due 7 days prior to event date. All returned checks are subject to a $35.00 charge.
- Business Check – You can pay the entire order with a check as long as a valid credit card is on file. All returned checks are subject to a $35.00 charge.
Customer Drop Off to Avalon Event Rentals
Linens should be dried and shaken free of debris including food, confetti, etc. and placed in a provided cloth bag or hangers provided. Do not place linens in a plastic bag as this may cause damage. All items should be assembled in a single location, ready for pickup. Items not meeting these conditions are subject to additional fees.
Pickups and returns will occur during normal business hours and must occur on the exact dates on your rental contract.
Responsibility for the rented items remains with the customer from the time of possession to the time of return. Additional fees are charged for damage and loss. Damage waiver is applied to all contracts for your protection.
If the customer plans to be unavailable following the event, please designate a representative who will perform this task in your absence. Provide name and contact information on page 2 of this form.) If linens are not returned, the replacement charge will be processed.
Customers are responsible for all rental linens from the time of delivery until they are returned to us. All linens are inspected and counted upon return. In the event of damages or shortages, you will be notified within 2-5 business days following the return date. All damage to linens including but not limited to mildew, burns, stains, tears, candle wax, or soiled beyond cleaning, you will be charged to credit card on file a damage fee of three times (3x) the rental rate of the linen. The charged damaged linens then available for the customer to pickup to keep. All damaged lines must be returned to Avalon Event Rentals. Lost items will be charged a replacement fee of four times (4x) the rental rate. Any damage or loss which occurs at a 3rd party facility remains the customer’s responsibility. The customer’s redress with the facility is at the customer’s discretion but in no way will delay closing the customer’s contract with Avalon Event Rentals.Under no circumstances are you allowed to wash our linens.
Late charges will be charged to the credit card on file for every day late. It will be 35% of the total order, per day.
Dye lots may vary. Linens in our rental inventory are sometimes added to at different times from different manufacturing runs. In addition, some pieces within a color/style are rented more frequently than other pieces. Our showroom samples are very good representations of our inventory, but because of the situations described in this section, be advised that the appearance of one linen may vary slightly from linen in your order. In cases of variations, our preparation staff will do its best to match color hues within an order. If color perfection is an absolute requirement, please consider purchasing custom sewn linens made from a single manufacturing run. Minimums quantities and lead times will apply.
VIII. TENT RENTALS
In the case where a balance due is unpaid past 30 days, client agrees to pay an interest charge of 10% per month on the outstanding balance.
Delivery & Set up: Avalon Event Rentals will strive to accommodate client delivery request; however, delays and changes in the schedule are sometimes unavoidable. We try to communicate any scheduling changes as they occur. All items will be delivered and picked up at a designated location. Orders are typically delivered 1 day in advance of your event while pickups occur 1-2 days following your event.
Clean up & Preparation for Pickup: All floral arrangement, trash, and decorations of any kind should be removed from tent or other rental equipment before scheduled pickup time. There will be an additional charge for any items that have to be removed. All chairs and tables should be stacked in designated location as delivered. Linens should be food and particle free and shaken out before being placed in laundry bags. Linens that are returned with burns, wax, holes, tears, permanently stained, wet or damp with mildew, or otherwise unusable will be billed at replacement cost.
Weather: Client understands that tents are temporary structures designed to provide limited protection from weather conditions, primarily sun and rain; however there may be situations, particularly those involving strong winds and lightning, in which the tents will not provide protection and may even be damaged or blown over. Evacuation of tents to avoid possible injury is recommended when severe weather threatens the area where the tent is erected.
People must leave the tents and not seek shelter in tents during such conditions. Because it may be difficult to determine if the weather is severe enough to necessitate evacuation, it is best to be on the side of caution. In other words, if in doubt, evacuate.